Sunday, October 21, 2007

Zombie Youth Culture

On Saturday evening at around 6:30 pm I was at the Menger bar enjoying a Singapore Whore, that's a drink me and the guys from Alpha Team used to drink when were on R and R.

As I looked out the window I saw all these misguided kids dressed like zombies walking around acting like they were the walking dead or something. Tourists around me thought it was so neat. I raised my cane and yelled "Why? The youth of today are all zombies anyway. What's the difference?"

I was too busy soaking up the atmosphere of the great Teddy Roosevelt to let a bunch of drifters and miscreants interrupt my moment. And it was then that I saw a quote by Teddy Roosevelt on the wall that seemed appropriate.

"Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; And none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life. Both life and death are part of the same great adventure."

I had a tear in my eye as I waited for Hector to pull up in the van to give me a ride to group water aerobics. Hector was five minutes late so I cussed him out in public to let him know that excessive tardiness is not acceptable.

No comments: